Back from Africa

Posted in By Revival Reform 4 comments

Dear family and friends,
It has been a few weeks since I have returned from africa, The last days there were beautiful but sad because I didnt want to leave, and I cant wait to go back. Those that I poured my life into became family to me.
To many things happen in my life in a day to blog about, In the next days I will be blogging teaching and writing a lot of practical things that are awesome, but right now in this blog I just want to share from africa to now what is happening and my heart a bit, because God is doing something in my heart, I'm not sure what it is, but there is a deep burning in my spirit, 4-5 years ago there was a burning inside of me a passion for something I could not explain because I had never seen it, but my spirit was crying out for it. I went to Bethel school of ministry and all my dreams came true, and I found what I was looking for, after two years there I left and became a youth pastor in the bay, I pastored there for a year and it was good, the youth were my dream my passion and I gave it my all, but soon as opposition grew from my church and leadership to come under there denomination rules, and stipulations, and to tone down my passion and stop healing all the sick and preaching truth, I started getting this deep burning and yearning in my spirit again for something I had not yet seen, the same I had 2 years prior to going to school of ministry, I could not find it the school I came from, or any other major "revival ministry" in the western world. That is about the time I "stepped" down from my position at the church I worked at and I abandoned all I had to doing the ministry of Jesus christ, truly living by faith and not working a job, day to day. Only living for the people around us on the streets and in darkness, I became gripped with a passion to see ALL the sick healed, broken hearts healed, ect.
I met my best friends ryan, brandon and others we surrounded ourselves with and it was awesome, for months till now, all we did day after day hour after hour is devote ourselves to Jesus's teaching and go to the streets, houses, malls, parking lots, bars, nightclubs, and gave our lives to seeing what the bible said really happen.
We have learned a lot, and started a movement in a sense around the world, I wont change what I am doing because it is working and we are seeing transformation, but I am getting an increasing burning in my spirit the same way I have had it twice before over the past 4-5 years. I know there is something more, not something more in the senxe that we have not recieved enouph, but simply more that our mind needs to become renewed to, a more that we do, a more that we see radical transformation. I am so gripped with transformation, not just to get someone healed, or encountered with God, but to see them through being radically comepletely transformed with the power and love of God. To see them win in their lives, and begin to transform their worlds around them.
The last days in africa were awesome, we got to baptize about 30 people that we had been discipling and pouring our lives into. Baptism is sooo powerfull. I came back to the states and the day I came back I was tired but brandon was going to the hospital and so I went to, seen a few people healed, one lady was in a wheel chair with a broken hip, some freinds were praying for her, and I asked her to stand up and walk, she looked sceptical and said but I cant:(, I just looked at her and smiled and said well of course you can, you are healed, she was like "OH, yea, and she stood up and walked with no pain". I havent seen a difference so far in getting people healed here in the states as in africa, its just in africa 10 out of 10 will let you pray for them, here maybe 3-4 out of 10 will let you pray for them, so I just see a lot less than I did over there.
I was able to catch a ride with some friends go home for thanksgiving and that was really good to see the family. Now I am back in the bay, My friend Maria Miller came down with me from montana and is spending a few days here with us doing ministry, we leave in a few minutes to go to the hospital to heal and bring Jesus to people walking in and out of the hospital.
I am sooo excited and burning right now, do I have any idea how things will work out even in the next week? no, do things look impossible in the natural? yes. BUT, I have Jesus. See what do you do when you dont feel like doing anything because of the things happening around you? If you ever feel like Gods not with, like he is far off, like maybe your doing something wrong and he isnt right with you? THEN YOU ARE BELEIVING A LIE. Becaue Jesus said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". That means what it says, he will never leave you:)
I went through some of the hardest things I ever went through a year ago, and at times i was so hurt by people and situations that I didnt want to live, eat, or do anything, I was so hurt I actually was getting uclars where you bleed internally. But I had a room in my house called my "Jesus room". and every night after things would happen or things in the natural would get bigger than I could seem to handle, I would go straight to my Jesus room, or somewhere alone with no distractions, and turn off my phone, any distractions, get on my knees and I would tell Jesus "I will not get off my knees untill you become more real to me than anything else in the world, I would pray sometimes for an hour, and some times till the sun came up the next day. I used to think that God was slow in answering untill I learned that he was there the whole time and he never left, he loved me the same, the same power was available, it just took me a while at times, to renew my mind, to shift my focus from the pain of the moment to the beauty and wholnes of Christ right there by me, right with in reach. And the most beautifull thing happens, as you gaze into the eyes of the one in whose image you were created all the pain, hurt, false identities of the world just drift away as his love, all consuming, all healing, powerfull, love floods every cell of your body and you become more aware of his divine power, and love than anything else in the world. That is what enables you to walk back up to the very people who hurt you, and you can smile and give them a hug with the love of God.
I bought some food and stuff for homeless people so the rest of the day I am going to go find people to love on. See the past couple days for some reason or other have been different, I am usually crazy excited and rabidly burning, I am still burning inside, but it was almost like an attack on my mind, Its been a bit foggy and hard to see, and because of natural curcimstances you want topull back and sit down. But it is those moments that you have to rmemeber who you are, what makes you burn with passion, even if you are feeling nothing. And go do it, straight up. when I get into a place where I am not sure what is happening, I stay in love with Jesus, but I just force myself and I go serve, heal the sick, love on people, give things away, live the kingdom, crazy, beyond your natural mind, just block the mind and do it. and as you begin to go from one person to the next and see the pove of God transform their lives, a warmth preads through you, a fire gets in your eyes, and begins to burn the fog away, why? because I am now doing what I was born to do!!!!! that is why I have to go now, I am doing just that.
Well, I gotta go, I am sooo excited for the upcoming months, I have a friend that really wants me to come to cambodia in march and then I would fly from there to South Africa to meet with the team in april. Oh yea btw, I am assembling a team to go back to south africa for about 2 months, it is allready thee most epic crazy radical team I have ever seen. it is a total faith walk, we dont know where we will stay, what we will eat, where we will go exactly, we just have the great commision and the holy spirit, I will be taking around ten people. so be praying for me, and for those going.
Be blessed!!!!! Btw, if anybody ever has questions or input,on either ministry or how they can be involved in these next months and years, just email me at revivalreform@gmail.com, because we are in the edge of doing some of thee most awesome and epic history writing gospel expeditions.

In case of intense emergency my cell is - 408-306-7892

Much luv,
dennis